Friday, September 01, 2006

















I left Austin ( and all the bars&clubs with live music on 6 th street ) on tuesday and headed for Dallas. I stayed at a place called Irving right in between Dallas and Forth Worth for the rest of the week, because I just felt that I should'nt leave Texas without having seen a rodeo. I went to Forth Worth to see the Stockyards. Once an important stop on the Chisholm Trail (an old cattle-driving route) , this place keeps the western heritage alive with daily longhorn cattle drives, an old rail station, lot's of saloons and an old barn turned into a big honky tonk. I also went to Dallas to see Downtown and the 6th Floor Museum. Finally, friday came up and I headed for Mesquite, a suburb in the east of Dallas, to see the rodeo and it was really worth all the difficulties to get there ( and back) , althrough I can't understand why they let 4 year old children ride on sheeps going wild to entertain the crowd. I went to see another rodeo this afternoon in Fort Worth - the Cowboys of Colors Rodeo - and now I'm ready to leave for Chicago tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Anja! Wo bist Du zur Zeit? Geht es Dir gut? Melde dich nur mal wieder! Gruß Maria

Anonymous said...

He Katrin,

wusste ich doch, das dieser Kommentar kommen wuerde!!! Erkennst du mich etwa nicht auf dem wilden Gaul ??? Schau mal genau hin!!
Anja ( von hinten anschleich' )