Thursday, September 28, 2006











I stayed in Santa Fe for the weekend and made a day-excursion to Taos. Originally I wanted to see the Taos Pueblo over there, unfortunally it was closed that day, all I could get was a short glimpse from the parking spot. But there was a trading fair going on at the Hacienda de los Martinez, with mexican food and music, so I went there instead. Santa Fe and Taos are full of art galleries, sculpures and paintings everywhere, and I loved those mexican-style buildings in the downtown area, lots of shops selling navajo jewelry and really really beautiful pottery, couldn't take my eyes off of it !! I'm feeling like I'm running out of time, there is so much to see over here and I've not even 3 weeks left!! I headed to FlAgStAfF bY mOrNiNg, passing along the pAiNtEd dEsRt. Arrived here on monday and I'm still here. The hostel is just one block from the railways, just like home...the only difference is that every train passing through downtown-Flagstaff blows the whistle because of the two railway crossings over here...and there are lots of trains all during night and day!!! Still I like the town, lots of young people over here and some cosy bars in downtown. After seeing 5 towns in 5 days I just relaxed on tuesday and took a stroll around Flagstaff. I took the shuttle to the south rim of the grand canyon on wednesday morning and just hiked along the rim of this huuuge hole the whole day. Enjoyed the view over the red- greyish colored canyon, watching people and mules going down into the canyon on small paths...... the sun started to set down and the shadows in the canyon grew longer and longer while the fading sunlight brought out the purple of the rocks...just amazing...but I had to leave to catch the shuttle back to Flagstaff. Today I made a daytrip to Sedona with a bunch of young people. Sedona reminded me of Moab - red rocks everywhere. We climbed up cathedral rock and back down on the other side of it, that was a pretty TOUGH hike, but it was great just to sit up there , having lunch and enjoying the view. We went to another place called devils bridge, it looked just like an arch, but with the opportunity to stand on top of it. I'm pretty tired right now after that hike, I'll just go to bed to be fit for another trip tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ciao darling,

I haven't read your blog, but just had a quick visit! It seems that you'd been very well and enjoying your trip! Good on you.
I'm in Vancouver now and am planning to go to Yukon, and the further plan is going to Mexico(it will be on the 20 Oct)!
Miss you a lot and I'll find time to read your stories soon.

Chiho