Monday, September 18, 2006



























I took the community bus down to West Yellowstone, passing along a beautiful landscape, a river winding through the valley surrounded by mountains, here and there you can see some men fly-fishing, 3 cowboys were riding along a path a little further away.....I arrived in West Yellowstone on Tuesday evening, and since I had to take the bus back on Thursday, I just had 1 day to spend in Yellowstone NP. I took all of Yellowstone in one day- grand loop tour on Wednesday to see as much as I could- and it was just awesome- I can name the places I've been to, but it's hard to describe, you just have to see it !!!! We went to Mammoth Hot Springs ( which reminded me a little of Pammukale/Turkey ), to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone ( lovely color ) and to the Old Faithful and all those geyser basins with hot springs, mudpots and fumaroles. And yes, we saw a lot of wildlife: deer, elk & moose, an osprey in the canyon, grizzly & black bears and dozens of BUFFALLOS! Just to see them standing further away in the prairie,with all the steam of the fumaroles in the background made a great picture, but some of them stood right next to the road, one even walked along the road, another one just sat there, facing the crowd....well, I had to leave, heading back to Bozeman and going on to Salt Lake City on Thursday evening...arriving on a coooold morning in the city of mormons. It just felt like fall finally found me, so I knew that I wouldn't stay very long over there before heading back south to chase the summer. Went to see Temple Square with the temple and the tabernacle ( I love this word!!! ), unfortunally you couldn't go inside as they are rebuilding the Tabernacle and you would have to " prepare " yourself to be allowed to enter the temple. I listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on sunday morning and headed for one last time towards the Temple Square to kill some time ( and that was really easy because of all those mormon-sisters who longed to talk to me ) before I took a tour to the great salt lake and the huge copper mine ( it looks like the pyramids upside down ) in the afternoon. I planned to leave in the evening - heading straight towards Durango....when something else came up, but this story will have to wait till I write my next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hat mal jemand versucht, den Text mit freetranslation.com zu uebersetzen??? Da hauste dich weg!!!

Anja

Anonymous said...

ANJA!!! This is the closest that you will probably ever be to me! Thank you for posting all the beautiful photos. how do I find your youtube videos? keep warm!
hugs, jamin