Sunday, August 27, 2006
























What was my last post about? Ah, I see, GRACELAND. I still catch myself singing Elvis-songs, even it seems so long ago that I've been there. The mansion is great, I liked the way Elvis decorated it. Later I walked along Beale Street in Downtown Memphis, took a tour through the Gibson-guitarfactory and went to see the SUN-recording studio. It took me a whole day to get to New Orleans, and I have to admit that I didn't like it that much. The french quarter is nice, and so is the garden district, but somehow I've expected more. Maybe because I've been a little sick over there, or maybe because Katrina is still visible and on everybody's mind, but I just didn't fell under N.O.'s "voodoo - spell". I went on to San Antonio,Texas to see the Alamo , "la Villita" and the market square ( which is filled with mexican shops ) . But what I liked most about S.A. was the Riverwalk. Some steps below streetlevel, the San Antonio River flows in a canal, with tree-lined footpaths on each side, really a nice place to relax, but it's even better at night, when all the restaurants and bars are open and the river is reflecting their lights and lot's of people are strolling along the riverwalk. There are a lot of Missions in the south of the city, and I went to see 3 of them. There weren't many people at the hostel over there, so I was happy that it was so easy to talk to people along the way, most of them were mexicans. From San Antonio I went on to Austin, where I'm right now, enjoying the hot Texas-sun on my skin.

No comments: