Friday, June 22, 2007



"KSOH", Anne of GG looked at ELVIS who was sitting in the old rocking chair in the house among the gum trees, with lots of plum trees, a sheep or two and a kanguru; "we forgot that it´s Uncle HO´s birthday today!" "Don´t bubble like a HOTPOT, missy missy!", ELVIS replied, "Get a pot of marple sirup, a dozen kiwis, some mangos and the cake from Rockaberry´s - we can take a tuctuc - or even better, we can ask the buffalo soldier to take us down the Green River in this kajak----we´ll face the eye of the bloody irish tiger and everything will be SWEET, EH?"
"Ready teddy?!?", he was shouting and started running down to the river while Anne was struggeling to keep up -whistling like a train passing through Flagstaff, stumbling across and hurting her feet at a piece of the Berlin Wall which forced her to do a little Haka-dance out of pain while thinking: "I don´t like dancing, no sir, no dancing today...or my boobs will kiss my big toes goodnight at the end of the day
."
Doesn´t make sense? But then, how to summarize a year of travelling in 3 sentences? After a short stopover in Hong Kong to have a last mango-coconut shake in the place where my addiction began and a last stoll across the ladies-market I made it back to Germany yesterday - definitely the most wired country I´ve come across on my whole trip (everybody speaks german over here).I find myself grinning at every asian-looking face I come across, while I´m trying not to fall back into habits I became accustomed to like labeling my food in the fridge, squatting on a toilet and not flushing the toilet-paper or driving on the left hand side of the road. Anyway, I had a GRAND time seeing some parts of this fantastic planet which wouldn´t have be the same without the wicked, lovely and generous people I met on the way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi darling,

I'm in Newport News , Virginia now. Travelling by Greyhound in the US is just hard!!!! I'm already tired!
I'm sad that you'd already done your trip but I'm still going on. I'm really looking forward to seeing you in Leipzig soon!

Chiho

steph said...

ah, sad to end your trip i am sure how fast 12 months fly by! i am sure you are delighted to see familiar faces again and maybe do a few of those things you may have missed along the way. i am sad to no longer be able to click onto your blog for more interesting stories boo hoo. i'm off to WA in sept and india in november grab teddy i'm off xx

Anonymous said...

Herzlich willkommen zurück in Leipzig. ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Zeit. Geniess das schöne Wetter. Bis bald Sandy

Anonymous said...

Na dann, welcome home!!! Und viel Spaß beim "Abenteuer Heimat":)

Liebe Grüße,

Michelle

PS: Ich hab´s übrigens immer noch nicht geschafft, "Anne of GG" zu lesen - auch wenn Elvis darin wohl eher nicht vorkommen wird...

Unknown said...

Welcome home Anja!
I have loved each of your posts and all of your wonderful photos.
hugs,
Jamin

cathy said...

Welcome home. Thanks for sharing your trip.