Thursday, January 18, 2007
































































I'm still in Adelaide, waiting for my trip to Alice Spring to begin. Spend a few days exploring the city and 2 days on Kanguru Island, which is fantastic. There's so many wildlife over there, sealions and fur seals, and in the evening all the kangurus and wallabies come out into the open, hundreds of them, hopping along, passing in front of our hut, starring at us ( as we had their cousins on our BBQ )...you can watch penguins coming in from sea in the evening to feed their chicks...but the best thing was the koala I've spotted, walking next to our hut towards the next eucalyptus tree to climb it, pretty activ ( what else could he do with a dozen exited tourists following him..... I've been proud as punch because I spotted him and everybody thought I'm making it up at first till they saw him walking along )....we've seen lots of koalas at another spot over there the next day, but the unexpected encounters are always the best, aren't they? We've been to the Remarkable Rocks ( like sculpures ) and Admirals Arch ( dozens of seals on the rocks, you could smell them before even getting there )...and sandborded down the dunes of the 'Little Sahara'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ciao darling,

You really make me miss Australia....do you like it better than NZ? Sounds like you are having so much more fun there!
I've met lots of OZ here, too. They rock! I really should come back sooner!

Chiho