Thursday, December 28, 2006





















I left Hervey Bay the next morning, heading for Noosa. Lovely place, you can walk along a costal track through the Noosa NP, I even saw a Koala there ( no cheating this time), sitting on a tree, not moving at all. Spend a lot of time at the beach of Alexandria Bay, less people- but there are definitely not just big waves you have to watch out for. Kept on heading south on Dec, 23rd, passed (=skipped ) the bitumen-towers of Brisbane and Surfers Paradise and finally made it to a small place called Murwillumbah a little off the beaten path, which seemed to be the spot where I would spend christmas, althrough I had no idea if there's anything going on there for christmas. We went to climb Mt. Warning the next day and after heading back the europeans prepared all different kind of christmas meals... after I took some pics of the sunset behind Mt. Warning I put my kanguru-steaks on the BBQ and had them with potato salad as christmas dinner later on. As every night we had ice cream, I shared a mud cake and 2 french guys came up with some tropical fruit, so we had a yummy dessert. The next day, which is christmas day over here, we had a large christmas- lunch, and christmas - cracker with stupid jokes,crown-hats and a little toys in them. I really enjoyed myself, I think it was all about the people I met over there which made me feel comfortable and at home, couldn't have found a better place, I never expected to have such a nice christmas over here ( after seen quite some awful touristic places/hostels along the eastcoast) , specially as I didn't even know where I would end up just a few days ago. On Boxing Day me and the 2 french guys hitchhiked over to Nimbin, it had something of a comedy, one girl standing at the road, it didn't took long till someone stopped, and then the 2 guys, who were hidden by the next bend of the road so far, showed up and joined in. For those who've heard of Nimbin, well there's nothing more to add, for those who haven't heard of it..don't worry, it just shows that the 70ies weren't your decade. Stayed there for a night before I headed down to Byron Bay, I felt like I could have rolled my clothes and smoked them afterwards. I just stayed in Byron Bay for the night before heading down to Bellingen, where I'm right now. We did some nice hikes in the Dorrigo NP today, rainforest and lots of waterfalls. Gonna start the "race" down to Sydney tomorrow, I don't wanna miss out on the fireworks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi darling,

It seems that you had a great xmas down there....
it's not too cold here in Victoria. There are always a lot of interesting people around. I've been having a great time!

I wish you a fantastic new year!!

Chiho

Anonymous said...

Hallo Anja,

vielen lieben Dank für Deine Postkarte! Wir wünschen Dir einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2007! Und hoffen das es Dir gut geht. Liebe Grüße Sandy + Björn