Monday, December 11, 2006










I left Cairns and the eastcoast for a trip to the tablelands, we walked through rainforest to see huge fig trees and went for a swim underneath the Millaa Millaa falls. I stayed at a cozy place in Yungaburra for a night and did a little bike tour the next morning, wasn't that funny though as the 2 guys I biked with had to wait for me at the top of every small hill, I'm such a vimp! I felt sorry for them as I kept them from going back to the van soon to hear the last cricket score,hahahaa! We did some canoeing in the afternoon which was way better, a wallaby was sitting at the lakefront while we paddled by, and after painting ourselves with colour from the ocre stone ( used by aboriginals ) we headed back, but didn't make it back without turning our canoe into a submarine, I'm still wondering how we managed to tip over and fall into the water, but as usually it was the best part of the whole trip, let's just pretend we did it on purpose to prove that the canoe can be full of water and still hold two people without sinking. I left that lovely place and headed back to Cairns to travel down along the eastcoast. After a short stopover in Mission Beach ( I saw a cassowary over there!) I went on to Townsville to take the ferry to Magnetic Island. Hiked around the island to see all the bays on the northern and eastern side of it, and I've been there just in time for the full moon party. I went to the Billabong Sancuary in the south of Townsville to see some snakes, crocodiles, emus, wombats, more wallabies, another cassowary and of course koalas ( that's cheating, I know! ) before heading down to Airlie Beach, where I'm right now, waiting for my Whitsundays trip to start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Millaa Millaa falls!!!

Your blog brings me back memories!!!! Enjoy the east coast, you'll see heaps of beaches!! Remember to find 2 nice guys. the best one for me, the second for you...okay?

Happy travels,
Chiho