Monday, April 04, 2011











Another little bus-Odyssey brought me from the middle of nowhere in Uruguay to southern Paraguay - a town called Encarnacion, I definitly felt like returning to latinamerica there ( everything a bit less organised). I set out for a daytrip to the nearby Jesuit ruins, the people were very nice and helpful, organising me a mototaxi to race from one of the ruins to another across the red soil of rural Paraguay. I went on to Ciudad del Este, to cross over to Puerto Iguazu/Argentina, which was a bit of a struggle, as we almost missed out on hopping off the bus at the paraguayan immigration office to get our exit stamps, and then we struggled on, taking some more busses, passing through Brazil as illegals for 10 minutes before entering Argentina. Well, what to do in Puerto Iguazu.... see the waterfalls, of course! I went to see them from the argentinian side first, and travelled on to Foz do Iguacu the next day, to see them from the brasilian side aswell. There is no way to describe this place, you have to see it with your own eyes. It took me a while to get to the falls though, as I got completely absorbed by all those fascinating colourful butterflies that are buzzing around you over there, and even land on the tip of your nose if you stand still for a while.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're looking so good!

Big hugs from Tokyo....

Chiho