Tuesday, November 09, 2010









I thought I could escape the dusk of the Panamericana by doing a bit of a detour - from Chiclayo I went to Chachapoyas, on to Cajamarca and then back to the Panamericana: to Trujillo. Surely, the bus trips got longer than in Ecuador. Still love to go to the markets, and I always buy some fruits I've never seen before like PEPINO, BABACO, TAXO or GUAYABA to taste or make juices from. And of course, can`t help buying mangos all the time - so juicy that the juice keeps droping down to your elbows while eating them. Near Chachapoyas, there´s the pre-inca fortress of Kuelap to marvel at, and lots of sarcofarcos far up in the rocks. In Cajamarca I run into a bit of a fiesta on a main square, and students of an university performed dances in traditional dresses while lots of locals with huge hats were watching. Well, I made it to Trujillo, and went to the nearby beach town of Huanchaco today, to finally see the pacific! On or way back we had a look at Chan-Chan, another archeological site close to Trujillo, dusty remains of the Chimu-empire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Reisefloh!!

Deine Karte ist angekommen. Sogar perfektes timing. genau zu meinem Geburtstag. Dankeschoen!
Dir weiterhin viel spass!

Liebe Gruesse
Alice