Tuesday, October 17, 2006





















Kia Ora from New Zealand !!!! I just arrived and I'm still wondering what happened to Oct, 17th on my fly over here- I just skipped the day. I spent my last few days in the states in L.A., went to Hollywood to see the Grauman's Chinese Theater, the Kodak Theater, the Hollywood Sign, and while walking around I almost didn't realise the stars under my feed- the Walk of Fame...spend a lot of time on buses just to get around- this city is so spread out, it's a mess....I stayed at a nice place in Venice Beach, and went over to Santa Monica ( along the beach ) almost every day, or just passed by on my way back from Hollywood....went to Beverly Hills, where all those "stars" live and saw the Rodeo Drive with all those expensive ( decadent ) shops. On my last day I went to see some movie studios- went to Sony Pictures Studios and made it just in time to Paramount Pictures Studios for the studiotour - it took me 1,5 hours on 3 different buses - but I got around in this city without a map, just had a glimpse at a map in the hostel in the morning, so that's not too bad. Anyway, I'm in Auckland/NZ right now, and there seem to be so many ways to get around on those 2 islands, I just have to figure out what works out best for me...first thing I should concentrate on is not to get under a car over here while looking the other way...and I guess a few more hours of sleep wouldn't do me no harm aswell...talk to you later!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Anja,

also langsam muss ich mir doch Gedanken machen über Deine Generation. Habt Ihr denn alle ein Problem mit dem Kalender??? In Deinem letzten Bericht ging es noch darum, dass Du am "thursday" nach NZ fliegst und bist nun doch schon am "tuesday" dort. Das nenne ich eine Zeitreise: Morgen losfliegen und schon gestern ankommen, wow!!! Das ist Nobelpreisverdächtig.

Ich vertreibe mir in den letzten anderthalb Wochen auf Arbeit mehr oder weniger die Zeit, da ich alle sinnvollen Tätigkeiten schon an meine Nachfolgerin abgeben durfte. Ich hoffe jeden Tag auf eine neue Ergänzungslieferung zum Einsortieren... Ist schon eine komische Vorstellung, dann erst mal zwei Jahre nicht arbeiten zu gehen - vielleicht sollte ich mit dem "Junior" (eigentlich soll es ein Mädel werden) um die Welt düsen?

Ich muß Dich aber nun mal fragen, woher eigentlich Deine Reiseroute stammt - per Zufall im Lonely Planet gelesen oder hast Du Dir darüber tatsächlich vorher Gedanken gemacht? Kreuz und quer, von Süd nach Nord und wieder nach Süden - gibt es da auch ein System??

So, zu NZ kann ich leider keinen Kommentar abgeben, da war ich noch nicht... (Torsten schon), deshalb hoffe ich, Du hast auch dort viel Spaß. Und Achtung: Diese Kiwivögel sollen einen spitzen Schnabel haben :)

Viele Grüße aus der Heimat (jetzt wird es hier langsam kalt)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Ciao darling,

How's NZ??????? I'm very envious of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The message above is from Chiho!